Rough N' Rowdy video will automatically adjust the live streams video quality experience based on the strength of your connection. By adjusting the video quality of the data, it improves the experience for our users on slower networks, resulting in lower than normal video quality but also ensuring that the live video stream continues. We recommend a Broadband connection with 10+ Mbps.
If your live stream is buffering or the video quality is lower than expected there are a few things you can try:
- Refresh your browser (This will restart the stream)
- Quit your browser application entirely and all other unnecessary applications running on your computer, then restart your browser. Avoid using multiple tabs.
- Try using another browser to see if the buffering happens with another browser. (Chrome or Safari are best)
- If using wireless internet (WiFi), try connecting directly to your modem or router with an Ethernet cable if available.
- If the issue remains, try restarting your router and your device. (This will resolve any type of temporary internet connectivity issue.)
How can I improve my Wi-Fi connection?
If your streaming device is too far from the router, it may not get a strong enough Wi-Fi signal to stream Barstool Sports content, Obstructions such as walls, glass, or other electronics can also interfere with Wi-Fi signal. Moving your streaming device closer to your router and eliminating obstructions can greatly increase the strength of connection Wi-Fi signal.
We also recommend reducing all other network activity during the event from users on the same network. This will distribute as much bandwidth as possible to your device for streaming video and should greatly improve your connection to the stream.